Updated: January 1, 2021
Protecting your privacy is important to 811spotter. This Privacy Statement explains how personal data is collected, used and disclosed in relation to websites, products and services (“applications”) provided by 811spotter (“811spotter,” “we,” and “our”) and that link to this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement describes how we process personal data for our own purposes. We also process personal data on behalf of our enterprise customers subject to a written contract. We do not control the data processing or protection practices of our enterprise customers, which may differ from those set out in this Privacy Statement.
“Personal data” is information that identifies or can reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to an identifiable person. For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal data” and “personal information” have the same meaning and are used interchangeably.
What information does 811spotter collect about you?
Information you provide us:
We collect information directly from you, such as when you sign up for an account or use an application, register a product or service, sign up for our newsletter or for one of our events, when you interact with one of our events, activities or with social media, or otherwise contact us. The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, telephone number, physical and email address, IP address, username and account password
- Professional information, such as your occupation, industry, professional licenses, work experience and employment history, and other qualifications
- Commercial information, such as details about your subscription plans, the applications that you have purchased or expressed interest in, and events you have attended
- Financial account information, such as payment information you provide when making a purchase through the applications (a third party processes these transfers on our behalf as described below)
- Education information, such as your educational background
- Protected characteristics, such as your age (where applicable)
- Visual, audio and electronic information, such as your picture or signature, records of our interactions, such as correspondence, details of complaints and their resolutions, service records, and your preferences, including your preferred tools, experience, language and the frequency at which you wish to receive marketing communications
When you make purchases through our websites, we use payment processors and do not store credit card or other financial information (other than confirmation that payment in a certain amount has been made). We collect contact and account information from you that we pass through to the payment processor to facilitate the transaction. For more information you can contact our providers as set forth in their privacy notices.
Information we obtain from your use of our applications:
We automatically collect and generate certain personal information about your use of our applications and may associate that information with your account. The information we collect includes:
- Identifiers, such as unique device identifiers, IP addresses, cookie identifiers, product IDs, information about product licenses, account usernames and email addresses
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the website domain visited, which activities and applications are used, how and for how long, how the applications are accessed, posts, discussions and other types of engagement with us, including on our blogs, discussion forums or chat rooms, the use of any hyperlinks or downloadable content available through the applications, and other metrics
- Geolocation information
- Electronic information, such as information about operating systems, device types, information about browsers, information relating to automatic updates and technical errors, information about your use of our applications, including your preferred tools and experiences, and your engagement with our activities.
- Commercial information, such as records about interest in our applications or completed purchases
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal and application usage information available to us
Social Networking Data: Our applications may include content, buttons, or other tools that link to another company’s services and/or platform(s) (“Plugins”). We collect information about your use of Plugins through our 811spotter analytics programs as well as our and third-party analytics tools. If you use an application that contains Plugins, information can be transferred directly from your device to a third-party provider of services and/or platforms. We do not control the data collected by Plugins. If you are logged in to a social network, the social network may be able to link your use of our application to their services and/or platform.
For example, if you interact with a Plugin by clicking on "Like," "Follow," or "Share," or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the relevant social network service or platform. Even if you are not logged in, the Plugins may send your IP address to social network services and/or platforms. Please note this when using our applications.
When you connect to a social networking service or platform on a device that is also used by others, these other users may be able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the social networking service page.
Information we collect from other parties:
We receive and process information from our affiliates and from third-party sources, such as employers, business partners, business contact databases, enrichment services, third-party data aggregators and social networking platforms (e.g., LinkedIn and Facebook). We also receive information from publicly-available sources and licensors. The categories of personal information we collect from these sources include:
- Identifiers, such as names, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Professional information, such as occupations, industries, professional licenses, work experience and employment histories, and other qualifications
- Education information, such as your educational background
- Commercial information, such as events you have attended or activities you have participated in
- Inferences, such as regarding usage information and your preferences, behaviors, and other attributes
In accordance with applicable law, we may combine your personal data with information we collect from other parties to help keep our databases current and accurate, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences, applications and other offerings.
Employee and Vendor data
We may collect certain personal information from you during the course of our normal business operations if you do business with us and/or are employed by us. For example, we may collect certain personal information about you (such as, without limitation, name, email address, date of birth, address, and phone number) either directly from you or from your representative, or from third parties authorized by you.
How does 811spotter use the information it collects about you?
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- To validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you
- To deliver you services, products, and support as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you
- To send you important information within the scope of our contract with you
- To send you other information you requested, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To send you suggestions, offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information in furtherance of our legitimate interests
- To anonymize, aggregate, or de-identify your personal data so it can no longer identify you
- To understand the ways our applications are used and the people using them in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent
- To improve our applications and your experience in furtherance of our legitimate interests (or where needed, with consent), including through the use of automated systems that analyze data using machine learning and other analytic techniques
- To improve the security of and troubleshoot our applications, as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you
- To provide promotional offers, advertising or other marketing content relevant to your interests in furtherance of our legitimate interest or, where needed, with consent
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud and software piracy (e.g., to confirm that software is genuine and properly licensed) and to protect you, 811spotter, and third parties in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our applications
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To protect the rights, safety and property of 811spotter, you, or any third party
- For other purposes, for which we obtain your consent (where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the contact details below or as otherwise indicated to you in writing)
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information, you may have the right to object to that processing on the basis of circumstances specific to you. For more information, see “What Rights and Choices Do You Have?” below.
When we process personal data about you to comply with legal requirements or to perform our obligations under a contract with you or with our customer through whom you use our applications, failure to provide such data may prevent or delay our fulfillment of these obligations.
How does 811spotter disclose your personal data?
We disclose the categories of information described above to the following categories of persons:
- Our service providers, including vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services or functions on our behalf, for business purposes. For example, our service providers include companies who support us with marketing, sales, consulting, communications, software maintenance and support, analytics, social media, market research, license compliance, security, user verification, localization, and payment processing. Our service providers process your information subject to contractual terms that restrict their ability to use your information
- Social networking services and platforms through Plugins or when you use our applications to connect with or share information publicly or with your contacts on such services or platforms
- Persons to whom we are required by law to provide information, such as pursuant to a subpoena or a court order
- Law enforcement, legal counsel, or other reasonably necessary when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of 811spotter, our customers, and the public
- Persons involved in the consideration, negotiation, completion of a business transaction, including the sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, or reorganization, and any subsequent integration
We may also disclose your personal information to other parties when we have your consent to do so or when you direct us to, for any purposes requested or permitted by you.
We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified demographic, statistical, and other information regarding use of our applications with third parties for marketing and other purposes. Such information will not specifically identify any particular user.
How does 811spotter protect your data?
We endeavor to maintain a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions.
We endeavor to take reasonable steps to limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of 811spotter have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions.
What Rights and Choices Do You Have?
You have the right to access, update, delete, receive a copy of, or restrict our use of your personal data. When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
If for any reason you are concerned that any information you provided to us is not correct and you wish to change or delete it, you have the ability to review and update your personal information to the extent we have it. If you would like to do so, please contact us as set forth below or otherwise view and update your information in your Account profile. You may also contact us to request access to, transfer of, or erasure of your personal information to the extent we have any. Specify the nature of your request and the information that is subject to your request.
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information or to limit your rights (e.g. if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated). In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent or request transfer or erasure. Please note that changes or access you request may not be effective immediately. Please also note that despite any request for removal of or change to personal information, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
Certain jurisdictions grant individuals additional rights with respect to their personal data. Depending on where you live or applicable law, you may also have the right to:
- Object to our processing of your personal data
- Have us block or anonymize your personal data, as appropriate
- Receive a copy of your personal data to transfer it to a third party
- Opt-out of certain direct marketing communications
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties
- Not be denied a good or service for exercising your rights, though you may be provided a different level of service or charged a different rate or price consistent with applicable law
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the jurisdiction in which you are located.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. For example, even if you ask us to delete your personal information, we may need to retain it to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations, or for other limited business purposes as required or permitted by law. To exercise applicable rights, please contact us.
Where we process personal data on behalf of our customers, we may refer the request to the relevant customer and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that customer.
What are 811spotter’s storage and data retention practices?
We store your personal data and content on our servers and the servers of our service providers. We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
What are 811spotter’s marketing and advertising practices?
As described above, you can also change your Cookie preferences for our website. Please keep in mind that you may also need to clear your Cookies on each browser on each device, in order to reset these settings.
811spotter currently does not respond to “do not track” signals.
How does 811spotter protect children and student data?
At 811spotter, we care deeply about children’s privacy and protecting their data.
Our applications are made for the general public and are designed for adult users. Unless stated otherwise for a particular Service, children are not allowed to use the Services, and we do not collect Personal data from them. We define “children” as anyone under 18 years old. If a parent has any further questions or concerns about his or her child's use of the Services, we encourage the parent to contact us via the contact information below. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children in connection with applications made for the general public.
Is The Personal Data You Give Us Ever Displayed Publicly?
As always, we urge you to be mindful when deciding to disclose personal data, including on our applications. Our applications may allow you to post content, including comments and “likes,” that can be visible to the public.
In some cases, you can limit who can view or access the information and content you post. In other cases, the information and content might be available to registered members of the application, or even to the general public. Your name, user name, profile image, or email address (particularly if this is your user name) may be posted along with any message or other content you post through some of our applications and websites.
If you are posting information you do not want to be disclosed publicly, make sure you are using an application that allows you to control who sees information you have posted.
Will this Privacy Statement change?
We may change this Privacy Statement to reflect changes in the law, our data handling practices, or the features of our business. The updated Privacy Statement will be available on our website. We will show the date the Privacy Statement was last updated to help you know when we change it. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will endeavor to provide you with notice before such changes take effect, such as through prominent notice on our website or services or by email.
How to contact us?
If you want to contact us, please use the following contact information. When you do so, please tell us the name of the application about which you are contacting us:
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By postal mail to: